Intellectual Property Dissertation Topics
The law as it relates to intellectual property covers the creation, use and protection of trademark, patents and copyright, together with other ancillary rights. Trademark-related dissertation topics include the absolute grounds for refusal of registration under section 3 of the Trade Marks Act 1994, the EU’s Trade Marks Directive, relative grounds for refusal of registering a trade mark under section 5 of the Trade Marks Act 1994, the infringement of trademarks, such as the use of similar or identical marks, invalidity, revocation, licensing and assignments of trademarks. Copyright-related dissertation topics are recognised as including the authorship, ownership and duration of copyright, copyright in film and sound recordings, literary, dramatic musical or artistic works, computers and copyright infringement, the need for originality, copyright and databases, works of architecture, adaptations, parallel imports, EC competition and copyright law, and primary and secondary infringement of copyrighted works. As you can see from the points set out above, there are clearly many topics that you could potentially choose from regarding the law as it relates to intellectual property that you could potentially cover in your dissertation, including the following potential subject areas set out below:
• The economical impact of intellectual property rights.
• How is intellectual property protected on the Internet
• Passing off and trademark law – Do they provide adequate protection in the UK?
• Is the UK creating a right of confidence?
• Innovation and the patent system. Can the current, overly stringent patent system still be an incentive for innovation?
• Does UK copyright law provide an adequate balance between the needs of rights holders and users?
• Does the Fair Use principle provide an effective exemption to UK copyright law?
• How has European law affected intellectual property rights in the UK?
• P2P File Sharing – How far does the law protect the holders of the intellectual property rights?
• Does the UK intellectual property regime provide adequate protection? Compare and contrast with the position in the United States.
• To what extent are indigenous people’s rights to intellectual property effectively protected?
• What more could be done to improve the law to provide those people from less developed countries with greater protection of their intellectual property right?
• How will Brexit serve to impact upon the protection of intellectual property rights in the UK?
Competition law has gained immense academic interest in the past few decades with the increase in global and national trade and commerce and competition.
Competition law dissertation topics discuss market competition and legal issues within both the public and private sphere. Competition law project topics typically relate to program level of the student and learning outcomes.
A list of competition law dissertation topics:
The following is a list of competition law thesis topics compiled to assist the student in choosing a relevant and interesting topic for his research paper:
A discussion on competition law, with reference to the UK.
Competition law in the UK before and after leaving the EU- a systematic review.
Competition law- antecedents, practice and challenges.
Multinationals, multi markets and competition law- review of literature.
Competition law and applicability to sports- a discussion. (Find more sports law topics)
SMEs in the developed world and application of competition law- an analysis.
Competition law in emerging economies- a systematic review.
A comparative review of competition law between the UK and the US.
Implementation and enforcement of competition law in the UK- who is responsible?.
What are the benefits of compliance with competition law in the UK? Financial and economic impacts.
EU and limits of competition law- a discussion.
Theoretical frameworks and practical implementations of competition law in the UK- a review.
Patents and competition law in the UK- an investigative analysis.
The use of big data to offer personalized prices to consumers- the legal and ethical implications of competition.
Global competition laws- a review of justification and jurisdiction.
Challenges in implementation of transnational competition laws- review of literature.
A discussion of competition law in the UK- assumptions, presumptions and implications.
Competition law for monopolies? A contrasting relationship.
Competition law and guidelines for data in a digital environment- review of the UK consumer market.
Influence of competition law on the health care sector of the UK- literature review.
Copyright issues under UK competition law- an investigative exploration.
Paid Topic Consultation Service
In this service, We will send you few topics as per your requirements. After you approve a topic, on an approved topic, you will get dissertation topic brief of at least 250-word which includes;
- An explanation why we choose this topic.
- 2-3 research questions.
- Key literature resources identification.
- Suitable methodology with identification of raw sample size, and data collection method
- View a sample of topic consultation service
Get expert dissertation writing help to achieve good grades
By placing an order with us, you can get;
- Writer consultation before payment to ensure your work is in safe hands.
- Free topic if you don't have one
- Draft submissions to check the quality of the work as per supervisor's feedback
- Free revisions
- Complete privacy
- Plagiarism Free work
- Guaranteed 2:1 (With help of your supervisor's feedback)
- 2 Instalments plan
- Special discounts
There you go. Use the list well and let us know if you have any comments or suggestions for our topics related blog posts for the future.